Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Defending the Doctrines of Grace and God's Sovereignty, introduction

     I was recently pointed to a Facebook group calling themselves: "Christians AGAINST the Heresy of Calvinism & Tulip" by a brother in Christ. (I shall leave his name out of this opening salvo to "keep his cover".) The ignorance was staggering to say the least, but the fact that they REVELED IN IT was what shocked me the most. That said, it's prompted me to do a series, using their mistakes, ignorance, and outright misrepresentations and lies, to do a blog series. This is the introduction, but it will run through the 5 Doctrines of Grace, (otherwise known as TULIP). I will post a link to their page, as well as screenshots of what was posted, so it cannot be said that I've misrepresented them or their positions in any way, a consideration they do not make towards Calvinists. I will post a screenshot of their "rules" at the bottom of this article. The part that truly bothers me, downright drives me batty, is that they're so smug in their echo chamber that they'll actually claim that Calvinism limits God's Sovereignty! Meanwhile it is US who place God's Sovereignty at the forefront, and recognize that all else comes after!       So stay tuned as I do my best not to blow my stack, and teach what the Doctrines of Grace really are! I attempted to join their little group, in an effort to give them a chance to defend their positions, to start a discussion, but was denied twice. Cultists like this fear discussion, because they know deep down their views cannot hold up to the light of Scripture! At least I can say to the CAHCT, thanks for the object lesson! Your hatred will be a wonderful teaching tool!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/252048232071/


1 comment: